- Public Safety
- Decatur, GA, USA
- Part Time
Department: Public Safety
Reports to: Lieutenant or Sergeant
Work Period: Temporary or as needed
Job Grade: 5
GENERAL SUMMARY: Monitors and directs communications (phone, radio, and walk-in traffic) for the Department, within the guidelines of federal, state, and local laws, and College and departmental policies and procedures. Reports to the Sergeant or other designated person and works with co-workers, law enforcement and public safety agencies, the Solicitor's office, animal control, wrecker service, faculty, staff, and students to provide administrative support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitors and directs communications (phone, radio, and walk-in traffic) for the Department.
- Reviews scheduled activities and informs officers.
- Maintains a log of incoming calls, prioritizes calls, and dispatches appropriate personnel to requested sites.
- Prepares incident reports and work orders, as well as other clerical duties.
- Activates emergency call list procedures.
- Tests communication equipment.
- Monitors the National Weather Service radio for severe weather warnings.
- Assists in accumulation of statistics for GBIC/GBI monthly reports.
Education: High School diploma, trade school, or equivalent level of education. GCIC certification or completion within 6 months of employment
Experience: Minimum of 2 years police or 911 dispatch work experience with other employers.
- Considerable knowledge of dispatching procedures, radio codes used in law enforcement, and regulations and procedures of national, state, and local crime information centers.
- Familiarity with applicable federal and state statutes, local ordinances, departmental policies and procedures, and the geography and road system of the College.
- Proficiency in the operation of radio/communications equipment, dealing with the public, maintaining records, writing reports, and making decisions accurately and rapidly.
- Mastery of computer operations.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to maintain confidentiality where appropriate.
Extensive sitting and occasional standing, stooping, and walking. Work is performed in a confined workspace with exposure to noise.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Agnes Scott does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!