- Decatur, GA, USA
- Full Time
Department: Office of Admission
Reports to: Director of Admission
Work Period: 12 month
Hours: Full time
Job Grade: 8
GENERAL SUMMARY: Manages admission operations including supervision of operations staff; management of databases including Ellucian Colleague, Hyland OnBase, and CRM; oversees recruitment travel for the admission office and assists in the recruitment activities of the admission office within the guidelines of applicable federal, state and local laws and college and office/departmental policies and procedures. Works with co-workers, prospective students and their families, high school guidance counselors, and alumnae in seeking potential candidates for admission to Agnes Scott College.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interprets college and admission policies and practices to students, parents, alumnae, staff and guidance counselors in a variety of settings including evening information sessions, high school visits, college fairs, and counselor meetings.
- Recruits prospects and applicants from within an assigned segment and geographical territory, which involves one to two weeks of travel annually. Strategically manages this territory utilizing the CRM tool.
- Conducts on-campus interviews and information sessions to both large and small groups; assists with other on-campus recruitment and yield events.
- Evaluates candidates for admission and scholarships. Assists in coordinating the evaluation and scholarship decision process for the admission team.
- Manages daily admission office tasks and fulfills programmatic responsibilities in partnership with the director of admission.
- Supervises the admission operations department and ensures data integrity in the process.
- Oversees training for the admission team on projects such as OnBase application review and utilizing the CRM tool.
- Evaluates appropriate data and determines the travel plan for each academic year.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical data for admission reporting. Assists in the preparation of the annual report and operates within approved budget.
- Assists in long-range planning and goal setting.
- Serves as a resource for admission team members and student workers.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Education: BA/BS in related occupational field of study.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years work experience with at least two different colleges or universities. Must include a minimum of two years supervising admission professionals.
- Considerable knowledge of Agnes Scott College policies and procedures, systems operations, high school curricular, and the college admission process.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor people and well as ability to work with institutional technology employees and outside technology vendors.
- Expertise with admission database work including the ability to pull and analyze enrollment related data. Knowledge of and interest in emerging admission software, technology, and trends.
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel, and electronic mail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written plus proficiency in public speaking.
- Good judgment and the ability to work collegially in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to maintain confidentiality.
- Travel required from office to other locations on a regular basis.
- Possess or have ability to obtain a valid state driver's license.
- Irregular, evenings and weekend hours are required.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, and occasional moving of light objects. Work is performed in an office with occasional travel.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Please apply online at www.agnesscott.edu/staff-openings. Position is posted until filled. Due to the overwhelming response to the college's staff openings we are unable to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed submissions please.
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetic information, gender identity and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!