- Faculty Services
- Decatur, GA, USA
- Full Time
Department: Faculty Services
Reports to: Manager of Faculty Services
Work Period: 10 month
Job Grade: 6
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provides administrative support to Agnes Scott College faculty and emeritus faculty within the guidelines of federal, state and local laws and office/departmental policies and procedures. Reports to manager of faculty services and works with faculty, academic department chairs, staff, college officers, other college personnel, and students to support the day-to-day operations of faculty services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides administrative support to faculty and department chairs, including but not limited to: generates correspondence, scheduling, supply ordering, event planning, ordering desk copies, generates correspondence with perspective students, maintains various databases and/or spreadsheets, document scanning and performs other administrative duties.
- Serves as an IT/Web liaison to the faculty and provides first-line problem-solving, software support and training, as well as web page design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Assists department chairs with faculty searches including associated correspondence and travel arrangements (domestic or international) for visiting candidates.
- Coordinates meetings and handles correspondence for faculty committees and department chairs as requested and for faculty members with professional association activities and duties.
- Initiates, processes and maintains records and invoices.
- Assists department chairs with budgeting and light bookkeeping functions.
- Serves as a resource to faculty for policies of the department and information about the college.
- May supervise or direct the work of student office assistants.
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Experience: Minimum of 3 years recent administrative experience with other employers (preferably in an academic setting), plus 1 year training time at ASC for a total of 3-5 years. Background or experience in the humanities or sciences a plus.
- Strong computer skills in Windows-based and Mac environments, including at least intermediate level word processing and spreadsheet development, web research and web site maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact in a positive, helpful manner with supervisors, co-workers and others to foster good teamwork and to interact gracefully with a wide variety of personalities and constituencies.
- Experience with document design, print-merge techniques and methods, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing software; and Web page design skills.
- Highly organized with strong ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize tasks appropriately and to work well under pressure.
- Strong personal commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, moving of light objects. Work is performed in an office.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetic information, gender identity and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!