- Decatur, GA, USA
- Full Time
Department: Athletics and Physical Education
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Work Period: 12 month
Job Grade: 6
GENERAL SUMMARY: Plans, directs and supervises all camp programs and camp staff; organizes and supervises the strength and conditioning programs for all sports and teaches physical education classes within the guidelines of federal, state and local laws, the college and departmental policies and procedures. Reports to the director of athletics and physical education chair or other designated personnel. Works with camp attendees and parents; students and scholar-athletes; coaches, co-workers, students' parents; other teams; faculty and staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Develop and execute a marketing plan for recruiting and retaining campers.
2. Develops routines, schedules and procedures for camp operations.
3. Organizes and assigns staff activities and responsibilities.
4. Prepares an evaluation and summary of current camp season and recommendations for the future season.
5. Provides leadership and instruction to coaches and athletes in strength and conditioning.
6. Teaches Physical Education classes.
7. Serves as a resource for subordinate personnel.
8. Provides administrative duties to director of athletics.
Education: Undergraduate degree required; Masters Degree preferred in related occupational field of study. All applicants must complete and pass the strength and conditioning certification by September 1, 2014.
Experience: Minimum of one year work experience.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self starter.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, to maintain confidentiality, and to supervise others.
- Works well with children.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Word products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and experience with Gmail.
- Possess current strength and conditioning certification.
- Irregular hours, including weekends, are required on a regular basis.
- Travel required from office to other locations on a regular basis.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, running, walking, throwing, and occasional moving of light objects. Work is performed in an office and sports fields, courts, etc.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetic information, gender identity and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!