- Information Technology Services
- Decatur, GA, USA
- Full Time
Department: Information Technology Services
Reports to: Assistant Director/Administrative Computing Systems Manager
Work Period: 12 Month
Hours: Full time
Job Grade: 9
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provides setup, analysis, programming and application support for the main administrative software system, as part of the Summit initiative, within the guidelines of federal, state and local laws and college and departmental policies and procedures. Reports to the assistant director or other designated person and works with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, and outside technical support personnel to provide technical support for the Agnes Scott campus computing community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides system support for the main administrative software system, currently Colleague and WebAdvisor from Ellucian.
- Manages administrative system user accounts and system security procedures at the operating system and applications level.
- Performs system analysis and programming.
- Provides problem-solving and troubleshooting of system and application problems.
- Supports implementation of administrative software additions and upgrades.
- Provides application support to insure the appropriate, efficient and comprehensive use of system software.
- Provides analysis, solutions, training and support for institutional reporting.
- Uses desktop software and outside interfaces to accomplish required tasks.
- Assists department and data managers in maintaining data integrity of shared database.
- Maintains written procedural documentation.
- Attends Users' Group meetings, workshops, and training sessions.
- Serves as a resource for other Administrative Computing staff members.
Education: BA/BS in related occupational field of study.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of programming and application support experience with relational database software.
- Demonstrated experience with Ellucian's Colleague; or equivalent experience in another major higher-ed application.
- Familiarity with and support of multi-user relational database.
- Experience with unix operating system.
- Experience with structured programming & query languages preferably using Unidata, UniBasic and Envision.
- Broad knowledge of troubleshooting and resolving a variety of complex user problems.
- Experience with contemporary software systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience supporting and collaborating with end-users of various skill levels.
- Excellent analytical skills where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to maintain confidentiality.
- On-call hours required.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, and occasional moving of light objects. Work performed in an office.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetic information, gender identity and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!