- Information Technology Services
- Decatur, GA, USA
- Full Time
Department: Information Technology Services
Reports to: Network Administrator
Work Period: 12 Month
Hours: Full time
Job Grade: 7
GENERAL SUMMARY: Supports and maintains the campus computer network and related communications systems, as part of the Summit initiative, within the guidelines of federal, state and local laws and college and departmental policies and procedures. Reports to network manager or other designated person and works with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, outside technical support personnel, vendors, and other external contacts to provide network support to the Agnes Scott computing community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supports and maintains the campus computer networks and related communications systems.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs network communications devices and software.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs network servers and services.
- Supports, monitors, and maintains computer systems connected to the network, including the administrative system and peripheral devices.
- Supports operations, data backup, and inventory for network and computer systems connected to the network.
- Provides reports on network operations.
- Participates in network planning activities.
- Performs installation, configuration, and troubleshooting related to wireless network devices.
- Develops support documentation for internal and campus-wide use
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Technical School equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 1year work experience with other employers, plus 3 months training time at ASC.
- Familiarity with supporting Microsoft NT local area computer networks, multi-user operating systems and the associated support software and hardware and software for both IBM/PC and Apple Macintosh.
- Proficiency in problem solving.
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer applications, including word-processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software (Windows: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and electronic mail preferred).
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- On-call hours required.
- Linux would be a plus.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, and occasional moving of light objects. Work performed in an office.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetic information, gender identity and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!