- Public Safety
- Decatur, GA, USA
- Full Time
Department: Public Safety
Reports to: Sergeant
Work Period: 12 month
Job Grade: 5
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provides law enforcement and safety services within the guidelines of federal, state, and local laws, and policies of the College. Reports to the sergeant or other designated person and works with co-workers, other public safety agencies, faculty, staff, students, visitors, and guests to protect and serve the residents of the college community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides law enforcement and safety services.
- Performs on-campus safety services such as patrolling the campus, maintaining physical security, conducting arrests, transporting prisoners, providing traffic control, and conducting fire drills and extinguisher demonstrations.
- Cites parking and traffic violations.
- Prepares criminal incident reports, accident reports, and arrest/detention documents.
- Testifies in court.
- Assists with community focus planning, leadership programs, and college events.
- Serves as a resource for subordinate personnel.
Education: High School diploma, trade school, or equivalent level of education. Georgia P.O.S.T. certification.
Experience: Minimum of 6 months work experience with other employers, plus 6 months training time at ASC, for a total of 6 months - 1 year.
- Considerable knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, county ordinances, College and departmental policies and procedures, traffic regulations, and investigative procedures.
- Familiarity with management and supervisory procedures.
- Proficiency in first aid, CPR, local geographical area, courtroom procedures and security, self-defense techniques, and firearms.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and good public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Possess or have ability to obtain a valid state operator/driver's license for the type vehicle or equipment operated.
- Irregular work hours and on-call hours are required.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, moving of light and heavy objects, and using tools and equipment that require a high degree of manual dexterity. Work is performed in an office, automobile, and field sites with exposure to noise, diseases, chemicals, inclement weather, and requires use of protective devices. Must be able to defend oneself in the event of a physical attack and to use firearms effectively.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetic information, gender identity and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!