- Public Safety
- Decatur, GA, USA
- Part Time
Department: Public Safety
Reports to: Sergeant/Lieutenant
Work Period: 12 month
Job Grade: 4
GENERAL SUMMARY: Monitors activity on the college property and enforces the safety policies of the college within the guidelines of federal, state and local laws and college and departmental policies and procedures. Reports to the sergeant or other designated person and works with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, visitors, and guests to provide a safe working environment for any and all people on campus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Monitors activity on the college property and enforces the safety policies of the college.
2. Patrols campus on foot and in patrol cars.
3. Cites parking violations and helps with traffic control for special events.
4. Maintains physical security by locking/unlocking buildings, checking buildings periodically for any safety concerns, and turning on and off lights.
5. Assists stranded motorists.
Education: High School diploma, trade school, or equivalent level of education.
Experience: Minimum of 6 months work experience with other employers, plus 1 month training time at ASC, for a total of 6 months - 1 year.
- Familiarity with college and departmental policies and procedures.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Possess or have ability to obtain a valid state operator/driver's license for the type vehicle or equipment operated.
- Irregular work hours and on-call hours are required.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, lifting of light and heavy objects, and using tools and equipment that require a high degree of manual dexterity. Work is performed in an office, automobile, and field sites with potential exposure to noise, diseases, chemicals, and inclement weather. Must be able to defend oneself in the event of a physical attack.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Agnes Scott does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
- Auto-fill Application Using LinkedIn
Sign Up For Job Alerts!