- Public Safety
- Decatur, GA, USA
- Full Time
Department: Public Safety
Reports to: Director
Work Period: 12 Month
Job Grade: 8
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provides law enforcement and safety services within the guidelines of federal, state, and local laws, and policies and procedures of the college and the Department of Public Safety. Reports to the director of public safety or other designated person and works with police officers, co-workers, other public safety agencies, faculty, staff, students, visitors, and guests to protect and serve the residents of and visitors to the college community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Investigates criminal activities, conducts crime scene searches, interrogates and interviews persons in connection with criminal cases.
Applies for and executes warrants, makes arrests, prepares detailed reports, assists in prosecution of cases, and testifies in court.
- Ensures compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, UCR, GCIC, and
associated regulations; maintains the institution's Clery and UCR Compliance policies and procedures; and stays abreast of pending and final changes tothe Clery Act and other laws or regulations affecting Clery Act provisions.
Submits annual crime statistics to the Department of Education, as required.
- Prepares, publishes, and distributes the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.
Provides, facilitates, or manages the training of campus security authorities.
- Maintains the college's compliance with environmental and occupational safety regulations.
Maintains records on chemical inventory, disposals, data sheets, shipping manifests, transformer maintenance, and other relevant records.
- Performs required training sessions for Hazardous Communication Standard.
Develops policies and procedures for fire safety, chemical hygiene, disposals, procurement, handling, and other safety-related programs.
Education: BA/BS in related occupational field of study, Georgia P.O.S.T. certification required; Master's degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of 2 years related work experience with other employers.
- Considerable knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, county ordinances, college and departmental policies and procedures, traffic regulations, and investigative procedures.
- Familiarity with computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel; Gmail; database management; and electronic reporting software/tools.
- Compliance experience and OSHA and EPA regulations.
Strong background in policy development and implementation.
Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a valid Georgia Driver's License
- Irregular work hours and on-call hours are required.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, moving of light and heavy objects, and using tools and equipment that require a high degree of manual dexterity. Work is performed in an office and field sites with exposure to noise, chemicals, inclement weather, dirt, grease, dust, and machinery with moving parts and life-threatening situations requiring use of protective devices. Must be able to defend oneself in the event of a physical attack and to use firearms effectively.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetic information, gender identity and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
- Auto-fill Application Using LinkedIn
Sign Up For Job Alerts!